Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lady Boys and Chloroquine

After an extremely long day of waiting and then a short amount of flying, I have finally arrived at Tranquilo Backpacker Hostel in San Jose, Costa Rica with a couple German girls I met at the airport. The taxi ride from the airport turned a bit scenic as we passed the all too familiar "lady boys," working the corners with their incredibly long legs and skirts so short they could fit a 6 year old. Our driver told us the part of town we were driving through wasn't very safe, then proceeded to pull over and let us out at our hostel, almost directly across the street from where he had just given us our warning. Looks like we're staying in for the night!

As I get ready to be stationary for a few more hours today, this time in a bed, I'm remembering one of the warnings of my malaria medication: "vivid dreams". Now some of you reading this may have been lucky enough to make a cameo appearance in one of my dreams, but even if you haven't had the priviledge you may still know how ridiculous and involved they are on a usual basis. I'm stoked to see what Chloroquine will bring!

Tomorrow I'll be catching a bus to a small surfer town on the Carribean coast, down by the Panamanian border, where I am thinking I may end up staying for a few weeks. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment